The Graphic Designer is responsible to create graphic content throughout the week and work with and report to the Director of Creative Content to assure all graphics that need to be made are being created on time. The successful candidate(s) will also work with the CUSN reporters and writers to ensure that if any graphics are needed for a story, they have a clear understanding as to what the writer/reporter is looking for. This is an independent, volunteer position.
- Coordinating with the Director of Creative Content regarding what graphics are to be designed on a weekly basis
- Graphics can range from Weekly Graphics (3 Stars, Power Rankings, Game of the Week, etc) to content specific graphics (i.e. Header for a specific story, social media graphic of player who had an amazing game, etc).
- The Graphic Designer will also be responsible to work on year-end award graphics. This includes graphics such as Player of the Year, Conference All-Stars, CUSN All-Canadian selections and more
- Review other graphics for statistical and grammatical errors, and to ensure overall quality and accuracy
- Above average knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Strong organization skills
- Great communication skills
- A willingness to work with others
- Flexible time availability
- Enrolled in or graduated from a media, communications, or broadcast program at a Canadian university or college
- Understanding of U SPORTS and other Canadian university sports
- Proficiency with several Adobe Creative Suite applications including but not limited to: Premiere, After Effects, Audition, etc.
How to Apply:
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must include:
- Demo reel or links to 1-3 multimedia examples
- 500-word piece on why you think you would be a great addition to our roster and why you are passionate about Canadian University Sports
- Reference list is recommended
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.